Alliance member: Mount Grace School
Closing date: Friday, 18th October 2019
Teacher of Geography
Line Manager: Head of Faculty
Hours: Part Time (0.60FTE) 3 days per week, to be worked on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday.
Pay: MPS / UPS
Contract: Maternity contract, the position has a start date of 11th November 2019
Main Purpose of Post
- To contribute to the delivery of the National Curriculum.
- To teach Geography at KS3.
- To contribute to the effective functioning of the faculty as a team.
- To contribute to continuous improvement and raising standards of achievement.
- To be informed of current Government policy on education and its effects on the implementation of Geography.
- To maintain high professional standards.
Teaching and Learning
- Establish and use appropriate teaching and learning methods.
- Prepare lessons thoroughly and review content, presentation and relevance, ensuring that full records of work completed are kept.
- Set and mark homework on a regular basis.
- Ensure good order and discipline conducive to effective learning.
- Ensure effective development of students' individual learning skills takes place.
- Prepare students for internal / external / public examinations.
- Assist colleagues in the Humanities Faculty in the construction of schemes of work, leading to the delivery of the Geography contribution to the National Curriculum.
- Ensure effective delivery of the above programmes and schemes of work in the classroom.
- Ensure effective curriculum coverage, continuity and progression in the subject for all students.
- Follow policies for assessing, recording and reporting on student achievement, and use these to set achievable targets for further improvement for all students of all abilities.
- In cooperation with colleagues, to be responsible for the stimulating learning environment of the Humanities Faculty, including display of teaching materials and students’ work.
- In the planning and delivery of lessons, to be aware of the needs of individual students and to cooperate with the student support coordinator where appropriate
Communication and Liaison
- Attend faculty and full staff meetings.
- Assist in the planning of the Faculty’s Development Plan.
- Carry out delegated tasks to meet faculty objectives.
- Keep abreast of development in the teaching of Geography, by regular attendance at INSET.
- Represent the faculty at other meetings, where appropriate.
- Discuss matters relating to teaching and learning, classroom management and professional development.
- Communicate and work effectively with other members of the faculty.
- Liaise with other staff, including Form Tutors and Heads of Learning on matters relating to the teaching of the subject.
- Maintain appropriate contact and consult with parents of students as necessary.
- Assist in the ordering and maintenance of the Faculty’s resources.
- Participate in the management and development of the School, including attendance at meetings, membership of committees etc.
- Take part in the Appraisal Scheme as determined by the DfE and the School.
- Contribute to the life of the Faculty and the School outside the classroom, developing and running extra-curricular activities related to Geography.
- Accept a share of the pastoral responsibility of the School, including membership of a Year Team with its attendant responsibilities, including PSHE and Assemblies.
- Contribute to the overall social and cultural life of the school.
The ideal candidate will have QTS and will:
- Be happy to work hard in a pressured but supportive environment.
- Willing to embrace further training and development opportunities as appropriate.
- Have an appetite for improving standards.
- Be knowledgeable about all aspects of their subject curriculum and pedagogy.
- Be an inspiring classroom teacher who can demonstrate successful teaching experience across a wide range of abilities and aptitudes.
- Be able to create a disciplined and motivated working environment within their class room.
- Be able to contribute to and work well within a team.
- Be willing to work collaboratively within and across departments.
- Be able to use ICT effectively to enhance teaching & learning.
Closing Date: 9.00am Friday 18th October
How to apply
To apply, please visit our recruitment page on our website and complete the Teaching Staff Application form. http://www.mountgrace.org.uk/vacancies/2601.html Complete the online application and submit this with a covering letter to Dawn Gamble, HR Manager via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in touch shortly after your application has been received. Please visit www.mountgrace.org.uk/vacancies for further information about working with us at Mount Grace School.
The School reserves the right to appoint before the closing date therefore early application is advised.